Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ultimate Chicken Quesadillas

These are the most delicious chicken quesadillas. I like them with a mixture of goodness inside, besides the usual chicken and cheese mixture....


Let me start off by saying that I don't use exact measurements on most of my recipes. I just eye most things and add the amount that I feel is the right combination. (not always, but in this case I did, so some of my measurements are approximate)

Here are the ingredients that I used..

Chicken Quesadillas:

Approx 1lb of chicken breast
6 flour tortillas
Approx 2 cups of shredded cheese
3/4 chopped onion
1 small can of mushrooms
6 pieces of crispy bacon - or premade bacon  pieces (if you need to save time)
Mexican seasoning ** Recipe Below
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter

Mexican Seasoning:  This recipe makes 1oz, so you can store the rest and use for another dish




  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper



  • First start off by browning the chicken in the olive oil until cooked all the way through. While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a pan and saute the onions and mushrooms until the onions are tender. When the chicken is ready, chop it or shred it (whatever you prefer) and sprinkle a tsp or so of the mexican seasoning on it and mix. Basically, just season to your taste preferece . I used a griddle to cook the quesadillas because I could fit at least 4 on there at a time. I layed the tortillas on the griddle to prepare them (so there would be no mess trying to transport them onto the griddle for cooking). Layer half of the quesadillas with the chicken, onion & mushroom mixture, bacon pieces & cheese... Fold the empty side over top of the layers... Brown on each side, until the cheese is melted and inside is nice and hot.

    I serve mine with a side of Taco Bell's Creamy Jalapeno Sauce that they serve on their quesadillas. Here is a picture of it (sorry its blurry for some reason). It cost $0.75 for this size bowl and its such a great addition!!!!! You can cook the quesadillas with the sauce inside or just dip into it. We prefer to just use it as a dip.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment