Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Couponing Adventure

I have recently taken a class for couponing. I have to say that it is truly amazing to find out how much money you can save when someone teaches you all the tricks and how-to's.



I am going on my first "couponing" adventure tomorrow with my husband. We are going to our local Publix to take advantage of the sales and our hard work. I have to say, it does take some time to clip coupons, sort and organize them, but after the savings at the store..... ITS WORTH IT!!!

Thanks to the ladies at 2 Chicks and a Qpon: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/2-Chicks-and-a-Qpon/123593831061218 , I am now officially a money saving momma in ways that I never imagined!!! I have always been very frugal and creative, as far as finding ways to save money on the things that I want to buy for myself and my family, but never could figure out how to save on groceries and everyday necessities. They taught us how to get things for pennies, free and even get paid to take some things. It sounds crazy right??.... "How is it possible for a store to pay you for stuff?" Its actually much easier than I thought. The trick is in the sale, and the coupon combinations. The best sales are Buy 1 - Get 1 Free, and then use a manufacturer's coupon for EACH item (always buy multiple newspapers for the coupons, in even numbers only).. Some stores (like Publix for example, Winn Dixie has them sometimes too) have their own store coupons and you can use them with the manufacturer's coupons. So here is a scenario of how you could get something for free:

Pizza Rolls ($3.99) are on Sale Buy 1 - Get 1 Free
Publix has a coupon for $1 off each
Manufacturer has a coupon for $1 off each

Use 2 Publix coupons for $1 off
Use 2 Manufacturer coupons for $1 off  = FREE

Since Publix allows you to use their coupons and manufacturers together, you can get them absolutely free!!! Even though the one item is "FREE", you can still use coupons towards it, which actually lowers the price of the item that you are paying for.

Always buy multiple newspapers... I am buying at least 4 at a time. Other people with buy 8, 10, 20... Just depends on how serious they are. Always pick up multiples of the store flyers with coupons also. I'm sure that there are lots of other stores that have their own coupons... Target is another one and if they are within a 5 miles radius of Publix, then Publix will honor their coupons. Check in your local area for the stores that have the BOGO deals and store coupons. That is where you will get the most savings.

Check out this site: http://blog.mycouponexpert.com/ ... They update constantly with all the newest deals going on. Follow their facebook page and you will be updated hourly.. They answer questions quickly and are willing to help you with any money saving scenario.

I'm so excited that I have started this new money saving adventure. I look forward to posting about all of my great finds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment